Pre-requisites For A Promotion

Co-written by: Myst and LJ


“Well, I had my meeting with the Mayor and two of his councillors this afternoon, Eric,” Chandi announce as he walked into the kitchen. He hung his cap and jacket on the peg by the back door and turned towards his partner; a happy grin lighting up his handsome face. “And I can’t wait another minute to tell you all about it.”

“You sound excited.” Eric could see the energy radiating in every part of his lover’s being. “You better tell me what happened before you burst!”

After removing his heavy belt and draping it over the back of a chair, Chandi pulled out a stool from under the counter and sat down. Reaching over, he snatched up a chunk of celery before Eric had a chance to chop it up for the stir-fry he was making.

“All my training and the extra courses I’ve taken over the years have finally paid off big time, Eric. And having recently completed my Masters in Justice Administration was a major plus. I’ve been offered the position as Chief of Police for Jade Heights.” Chandi took a deep breath to quell his rising excitement. “It’s hard to know where to start. You know I was a bit anxious about the meeting to begin with. I mean being called before my superiors has never been a highlight for me,” he smirked at his partner. “Anyway, for older guys they were really okay. But then, the Mayor was a close friend of my parents for many years so I probably shouldn’t have been nervous in the first place.”

Eric was thrilled for his partner. This was something the younger man had been working hard at for the last few months and it had finally come to pass. He reached over and gave Chandi a big hug, squeezing him until his Brat chuckled and begged for air. “I’m so happy for you, I could dance,” Eric replied with a laugh. “What do you do next, honey? Oh and when does it become effective? When can I brag about my partner, the Police Chief?”

“Well, there may be a slight glitch in considering this advancement, Eric. It involves a prerequisite of sorts. I have to take a SPAC course in New Westminster. All my expenses will be paid and I’ll receive my full salary but I will be gone from Monday to Friday for three whole weeks. Is that okay with you? Do you think I can do it? I mean, can I accept the promotion?”

“Of course you can accept it,” Eric assured him without hesitation. “One of the good things about me having my own business, is I can schedule my time the way I want. What would you think if I went to New Westminster with you for the first couple of days? Then I’d come back here on Wednesday and work until the end of the week. You could come home on Friday night and we’d have the weekend together. We could do something like that for all three weeks or just play it by ear.”

“That’s a great idea! Thanks, love!” Chandi smiled his appreciation of his partner’s support. “You won’t get full bragging rights until after I am sworn in and that won’t be until the end of next month. Lots has to happen first; main thing being my course.”

Needing something to keep his hands busy, Chandi began setting the table. He kept a monologue going the whole time he worked. “Our present Chief hasn’t yet announced his leaving to the general public, although we all know rumours are flying fast and furiously as they do in any small town. His wife is terminally ill and wants to move back to Calgary to be closer to her family. The Chief has already obtained a new position there; still in law enforcement of course. The Mayor told me they plan to hold a farewell banquet to officially thank the Chief for all he has done for the community. That is also the night I’ll be sworn in. What do you think the chances are of it coming as a big surprise to everyone?” Chandi chuckled along with his partner; both finding the idea of keeping anything secret in Jade Heights rather hilarious.

“Well I won’t tell anyone as I like the idea of your promotion being a surprise. However, any rumors already flying are probably about the Chief leaving, so maybe the bombshell will be that you are the one taking his place,” Eric said as he put the finished stir-fry in a bowl and handed it to Chandi to put on the table. “That would be nice; your advancement a revelation to the majority of the town.”

“Riiight,” Chandi smirked, “as if that’s going to happen; but we can always hope, I suppose.”

Once the food was on the table, the two men took their seats. “Hmm, good!” Chandi expressed his pleasure around a mouthful of rice and veggies. He swallowed and carried on with the conversation he had initiated. “And just in case you’re interested, the banquet is also being held to celebrate the Mayor’s twenty-five years in office. One of the councillors told me that on the Q-T when the Mayor stepped out of the room for a moment. You can see it is going to be a busy evening.”

“Yes, it will be. I think everyone will be happy you are the one who was chosen as Police Chief. Everyone knows and respects you. You're the one they go to as they know they can trust your judgement.” Eric words elicited a blush from his partner.

Half-way through supper, Chandi returned to the original topic. “If everything is a go, I will be leaving for my course next Friday as orientation will take place throughout the weekend. That gives us a little over a week to finalize any plans we have to make here. Does that give you enough time to get things taken care of?”

“Not a problem. Right now I’m working two things; the big one being then restoration of a china cabinet for the Brewer’s, and I told them that it would take at least a month. I also have a desk to finish for Mr. LaMaur, but I can get that done by Wednesday. Looks like everything will work out just right!”

“Great!” Chandi exclaimed, hurriedly finishing off his meal and getting up to carry his dirty plate, glass and utensils to the sink. “As soon as I get the dishes done up, I’ll write up list of things I have to do over the next several days.” The young man was rapidly settling into his ‘everything has to be perfect’ mode as he mentally listed what he felt had to be accomplished before he was ready to embark on the next step in preparing for his promotion.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Ten days later, Chandi was packing the last few articles in a small overnight bag while Eric was traipsing back and forth to the car and loading up the trunk. All plans had smoothly fallen into place with the only glitch being an unscheduled doctor’s appointment for Chandi due to him having a sore throat.

To say Chandi was unhappy about leaving on his course feeling slightly under the weather would be an understatement and made worse by him being put on antibiotics which upset his stomach.

Eric saw that Chandi was still looking tired due to his sore throat, but knew that if he said anything about it, Chandi would just pass it off by saying the antibiotics would make him better soon. Putting the last item in the trunk, he checked with his partner. “Okay, Chandi, I think that is everything. Do you have your meds with you or are they in one of your cases?”

“I have them on me.” Chandi patted his jacket pocket. “I am going to grab a bottle of water for the trip. Do you want one?”

“Sure,” Eric replied. “I know I’ll need it later.” He locked the trunk, slid into the driver’s seat and waited for Chandi to get in and fasten his seat belt. Then looking at his partner, he asked, “Are you all set? Just think, in a few weeks you’ll be the Chief of Police. I think I’m almost as excited about it as you are.”

Chandi grinned at the man beside him. “I guess I am as ready as I’ll ever be, but I’m trying not to get ahead of myself. I don’t want to get my hopes up to high, only to be disappointed. This course is important and I won’t know the final outcome for at least three weeks from now.” He sighed deeply. Not feeling at his best, concerned him more than he was letting on. He only hoped that once the class started and he got a feel for it, his worry would dissipate. He really wanted this promotion.

The men rode in companionable silence for about an hour; each caught up in their own thoughts of what the future might hold. No longer contented with just the steady hum of the tires, Chandi slipped a CD into the player and turned up the volume. He laid his head back on the seat and closed his eyes. Classical music always soothed him. He smiled when he felt Eric’s hand slip into his and their fingers entwine.

“I really appreciate all your support, Eric,” he softly murmured. “As much as I want this, I don’t think I could do it on my own.”

They were well over halfway to their destination and nearing Bridal Falls when Chandi sat up and asked if they could stop for lunch soon. Even though they’d had a good breakfast, that had been several hours ago.

Eric gave a laugh at his partner’s request and replied. “You must have read my mind! I was just thinking we’d best stop in Bridal Falls for lunch since we have at least another two-hour drive ahead of us.” He glanced over and smiled at the man beside him. “You’re looking a bit better; I think the rest did you good. Do you have any particular place in mind ordo you want to pick a restaurant by chance as we drive through? I really don’t care where we eat.”

“I’m game for taking a chance,” Chandi responded with a grin. He swallowed and grimaced as the action hurt his throat. “I need something to drink. I should have brought extra water ‘cause I finished what I had a while back and now I’m getting kind of dry.”

He sorted through a small case of CD’s and selecting a new one, exchanged it with the one still playing. “I think it’s time for something with more of a beat. The other is restful enough, but I need music that will keep me awake.”

Chandi shuffled restlessly in his seat. His throat was really starting to bother him but he didn’t want to complain and cause Eric to remind him about the meds that upset his stomach. He was counting on the water he would order for his meal to make him feel better.

Half an hour later, Eric saw a ‘Welcome to Bridal Falls’ sign. It had been a nice drive and the music Chandi chose had fit his mood perfectly. Eric loved to drive, and the beautiful day only made the time go by faster. He’d been a bit concerned about his Brat being so quiet the last few minutes, but was hopeful that a good meal would make Chandi a little more chipper.

Eric smiled at the man beside him. “Did you see that sign? This is a very small town so let me know if you spot a restaurant you want to try and we’ll be all set.”

“Well there isn’t a lot of choice so how about we just eat at the one on Bridal Falls Road in Rosedale. I think it would have more to offer than the coffee shop we just passed.” Chandi grinned at Eric’s adamant nod of agreement. “You know, we’re making pretty good time. Do you think there is any chance of us taking about twenty minutes out of our schedule and going up to see the falls after we eat? They are spectacular any time of the year but right now with the leaves changing, there will be some beautiful scenery to look at.”

“You’re right,” Eric replied. “I’ve eaten at the coffee shop before and there isn’t a lot to choose from. I think going to the falls is a great idea. We have plenty of time. It’s not like we’re on a tight schedule. We can get some pictures to add to our album.”

A few minutes later, they pulled into the restaurant parking lot. “Wow, I didn’t realize I was so stiff. I’m more than ready to eat, too!" Eric said as he stretched. He walked over to where Chandi was slowly getting out of the car. “Come on, lover, you’ll feel better after you eat.”

“I’ll take your word for that, Eric,” Chandi said with a grin, hoping his partner would prove correct.

They were soon seated with glasses of ice water in front of them. Chandi gulped down his water; then toyed with his menu while furtively watching Eric seriously peruse his. He patently ignored his conscious reminding him to take his prescription as his stomach growled its’ protest at the smell of cooking food.

Eric smiled and said, “I think I’ll have the meat loaf sandwich.” As he closed his menu, he noticed that Chandi had barely glanced at his and wanted to encourage him to eat something. Stretching out his hand he gently brushed the back of Chandi’s.

“Are you okay, baby?” he asked softly. “Isn’t it about time for one of your pills? Taking it with food should keep it from upsetting your stomach,” he added.

Settling for the same food choice as his partner, Chandi reluctantly swallowed the prescribed dose and relaxed back on the bench. He managed to eat half his meal but getting it down had been a struggled.

With lunch over and half an hour of sight-seeing behind them, they continued on their journey, arriving at their destination with time to spare. Chandi had slept for most the trip and awaken feeling refreshed and raring to check out his temporary digs for the next three weeks.

Eric waited patiently while Chandi filled out the final paperwork and accepted the key to the room he had been assigned. Together they gathered up the luggage and re-enter the building with plans to familiarize themselves as soon as possible.

Chandi opened the door and stepped into what he would come to refer to as ‘my space in the garrison’. He burst out laughing at what he saw and cheerfully announced. “I get the top bunk!” He turned to look at Eric and laughed even harder at the expression on the other man’s handsome face.

“Bunk beds? They gave us bunk beds?” Eric choked out in a disbelieving tone. After a few seconds, he too began to laugh. “You can have the top bunk,” he commented with a smile. “I’ll be happy to let you have it.”

Dropping the luggage, he shut the door and turned to give Chandi a hug. “Well, Brat, since you are feeling so frisky, I have an idea how we can spend some time, even if we don’t have a normal size bed.” Eric unbuttoned Chandi’s shirt and led his unresisting partner to the bed. He quickly stripped Chandi and himself. Getting a nod of acceptance, he set about preparing his lover for an afternoon of pleasure.

It was much later when Chandi carefully wrestled himself from the arms of his now sleeping lover and got dressed. It had certainly been a pleasant interlude. He smiled down at the big man on the bed as he gently covered him. As quietly as possible, he began to unpack and put his belongings away.

Soon the rather inadequate closet and all three drawers of the dresser were full, and his empty bags shoved under the bed. He sat down at the desk to review the schedule that would take up most his days in the coming weeks.

By the time Eric woke up, Chandi was deeply immersed in a large book he would all but know by heart before the course was over. The signs were already indicating that the young man was getting into his obsessive mode where his studies were concerned.

Eric woke up and reached for Chandi, but found only empty space where his partner should have been. He propped himself up on his elbow, glanced around the room and spotted Chandi studying at the desk.

Getting up quietly, he padded over to Chandi and kissed him gently on the neck. “Afternoon, sweetheart,” he murmured. “You know, you don’t have to learn it all the first day. You have three weeks,” he teased gently. “I want you to promise me you won’t overdo it when I’m not here. The last thing we need is for you to make yourself ill by trying to do everything the first week. You’re still recovering from a throat infection. Will you promise to pace yourself?”

“Geesh, Eric, you shouldn’t sneak up on a guy like that. I could have had a heart attack or something.” Chandi had been so absorbed in his reading, he hadn’t heard his partner getting up. Still, he happily returned both the teasing and the kiss. “I’ll try not to over do it, love. That’s the best I can do until I get a better handle on what will be expected over the next few days. Right now, it looks to be rather heavy going.”

Slamming his book shut, Chandi got up and stretched. “But for now, how about us just enjoying ourselves? Maybe we can explore the campus and get a bite to eat at the cafeteria; assuming it’s open, that is.”

“Sounds like a good idea to me. I’ll get changed and be ready in five minutes,” Eric replied. And true to his word, in just a few minutes he was ready to explore the campus.“Come on, Chandi, let take a look at this place. After all, this is going to be your home away from home for the next three weeks, other than weekends. And when you’re done you’ll be ready to be sworn in as Jade Heights’ new Chief of Police,” he said with a big smile on his face.

And so the week began. Eric left for Jade Heights on Tuesday morning after admonishing Chandi not to push himself and to finish his prescription.

Chandi enjoyed this exceptional opportunity to learn something new; something that would further his career. He accepted the challenge and diligently applied himself to the point of over-doing it. Getting caught up in striving to do his best, he rushed through his meals and studied late into the night, but he did finish his meds and was feeling much better in that area.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Friday evening found Chandi at the bus stop on the highway, anxiously waiting for Eric to pick him up. He was tired and somewhat cranky, but at least his throat was better. It had only been during the trip home that he realized how much he had missed his lover.

Eric’s truck had barely rolled to a stop, when Chandi climbed in, tossed his bag into the back and all but threw himself into his partner’s arms. “God, it’s good to be home,” he murmured into the older man’s neck and deeply inhaled the lingering scent of Eric aftershave.

Eric hugged Chandi back, a bit surprised at the intensity of the greeting. “Hey, lover, I’m glad to see you too. Are you ready for a couple of stress-free days?” Getting an affirmative nod, Eric gave his Brat a quick kiss. “Okay, buckle up; we’ll be home in a few minutes. When we get there, I have plans for you and they don’t include studying; just rest and relaxation.” After a second, he added, “And sex.”

“Hmmm, sounds nice,” Chandi sighed as he obeyed the order to buckle up. He inched as close to Eric as the seat belt would allow and rested his head on his partner’s broad shoulder.

The drive home was just long enough for the two men to bring each other up to date on what had been happening during the almost four days they’d been apart. Of course, phoning and texting as often as possible had left little news to tell, so Eric had further described his plans for the next two days.

As soon as Eric pulled into the driveway, Chandi undid his seat belt and reached for his backpack. He was out of the truck and heading for the porch before the engine had died. “Come on, Eric; you’ve got promises to keep,” he merrily called out. Having gotten his second wind, he was raring to go and spending a night in his lover’s arms was the only thing he wanted to do and the only place he wanted to be.

Although Chandi preferred to spend much of the weekend reviewing his course materials, he’d cross that bridge when he came to it: tonight was just for him and his lover.

Eric followed Chandi into the house at a more leisurely pace. He grinned when he saw his Brat grabbing a brownie from the plateful in the kitchen. Walking up behind him, he put his arms around the slightly shorter man and hugged him. “Well, I see you found the surprise I got for you from the bakery. Sit down and relax; have another brownie and glass of milk. I want you to unwind from having to study and being in a dorm all week. We have the rest of the night and most of the weekend to spend however we like.” With that Eric gave Chandi a kiss on the neck and let go of him. He knew his partner needed a few minutes tounwind; then he would be ready for fun and games.

Chandi definitely didn’t need to be badgered into polishing off four of the delicious chocolate squares and washing it all down with a large glass of milk. “Those were soooo good,” he crooned, wiping his mouth on the napkin his partner handed him. “Sure bets cafeteria food. Stewart really is an accomplished baker. He goes nice and heavy on the chocolate icing, too.”

Walking over to Eric, Chandi embraced him and kissed his lips. He allowed the kiss to deepen and the heat of the moment to increase as his tongue sought entrance and his body melted against his lover’s.

Coming up for air, Chandi breathlessly whispered, “Are you ready to take this some place more comfortable? Our bedroom comes to mind.”

“That’s my plan,” Eric replied with his ever-ready smile spreading across his face. “Would you like to know about the rest of my plan? It starts with me leading you upstairs and then slowly undressing you before I cover your body with kisses.”

Feeling Chandi beginning to respond to his words, Eric whispered in his ear, “Then I’ll begin to stroke you. Do you want me to tell you more or do you want to start putting my plan into action?”

“Stop talking and just do your thing, cause I’m more than ready, Eric,” Chandi retorted as his body reacted to the images his lover was putting in his head. He ran up the stairs ahead of Eric and into their bedroom where he rapidly stripped out of his clothing and pulled down the covers on their bed.

“God, you’re slow,” he laughingly teased his partner when the older man put in an appearance a few seconds later.

“Slow am I? I was supposed to undress you, remember?” Eric laughed as he rapidly took off his clothes and joined Chandi in the bed. He pulled the younger man up against him and began kissing him like he’d promised he would.

Chandi quickly responded to Eric’s kisses and due to their days of being separated, Eric’s plan to take it nice and slow didn’t happen. Instead, their desires quickly overtook them and plunged them into sexual satisfaction sooner than Eric would have hoped for.

Once they caught their breaths, they spent the rest of the evening making up for lost time, eventually falling asleep with arms and legs entwined.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Chandi got up early the next morning and padded downstairs to put the coffee on. With his partner still in bed and while waiting for the coffee to perk, he hauled out his backpack and sat down at the table to study. There was a lot of information he had to cram into his head in a very short time, so he felt the need to hit the books as often as possible.

He was soon lost in the pages of some very intriguing subject matter and became oblivious to everything around him.

Eric woke to find Chandi gone. Glancing at the clock, he saw that it was still early, only seven forty-five. Shaking his head, he got up and pulled on sweat pants before heading downstairs. Picking up the paper, he made his way to the kitchen and was not surprised to see his Brat studying.

“Hey, Chandi, thanks for making the coffee,” he commented as he bent down to give the younger man a kiss. “It’s time to shut the book and have some breakfast. You know what I always say; you need a good hot breakfast to help you through the day.”

Getting only a scowl for a reply, Eric added, “We’ve got things to do later today, including grocery shopping. You can study tonight. I’ve missed you and want to spend the day with you. So what do you want for breakfast? Pancakes? An omelet? Oatmeal?”

Chandi had been started by his partner’s kiss. It took him several moments to get his thoughts away from what he was reading and concentrate on what Eric was saying to him. “Ah, oatmeal is fine. I missed you too, but we both knew this would involve a lot of time apart and I’d think it would be better if I continue studying while you go shopping. You can’t have that much to get with my being away all week.”

He marked his page and closed his book, setting it on the extra chair next to him. “I’ll get the milk and brown sugar out, and set the table while you get that good hot breakfast started.”

“Okay, setting the table will be a big help, thanks,” Eric responded. As he began to make the oatmeal, he informed Chandi of what would or would not be happening during the day. “I want you to come shopping with me. Not because of the amount of food we need, but because I want to spend the day with you. Like I said, you can study for a couple hours this evening. You don’t need to have your nose in a book all weekend. You need to spend some of your time doing nothing more difficult than going for a walk with me.”

Although Chandi had logically admitted that his partner’s expectations were reasonable and more than warranted in light of them having so little time together, he hadn’t been able to stop looking longingly at his books several times throughout the day.

He had gone with Eric to do the shopping and worked side-by-side with him to get the house straightened up and the laundry done. After a leisurely lunch, he had enjoyed a long, refreshing walk about town with his partner; often stopping to talk to folks they met along the way. Eric had even treated him to a meal at the Maple Grill, and Chandi made a valiant effort to keep thoughts of his studying at bay, but somehow the desire to hit the books kept surfacing.

The two hour study time he had been allotted passed all too quickly; resulting in a cranky Brat arguing for more time and being denied. At Eric’s insistence, Chandi had showered with him and under the soothing hands of his lover, had finally given himself up to the kind care and keeping of his Top.

But that was several hours ago and Chandi was presently back at the kitchen table with his books laid out before him. It was three o’clock in the morning and he had slipped out of bed while Eric was sound asleep. He only planned to study for a couple of hours and then sneak back to bed without Eric being any the wiser.

Eric woke up and groaned. He knew he shouldn’t have had that last cup of coffee, but the coffee at the Maple Grille was excellent. Peeking at the clock, he saw it was just after five AM; way too early to get up. ‘I’ll just run to the bathroom and get back in bed for a bit more sleep,’ he thought.

As soon as he had his eyes fully opened, he saw Chandi wasn’t in bed. Muttering under his breath, he used the bathroom, rinsed his hands and headed downstairs. He checked the front room for his Brat without really expecting to find him there. Looking in the kitchen, he saw him at the kitchen table; sound asleep with his head resting on an open book as though it were a pillow. Eric sighed. He really didn’t want a confrontation about studying at this hour of the morning, but knew it had to be addressed. He would not let Chandi burn himself out with over-studying the second his back was turned.Eric reached out and gently shook the younger man’s shoulder. “Babe, come on. It’s time to get up and go back to bed,” he said quietly.

“Bug off!” Chandi muttered and shifted, dislodging the hand on his shoulder. The annoyance persisted as the hand again landed on his shoulder. “Fuck off; leave me alone!” he growled and fell back to sleep.

“Oh no, Bucko; that’s not going to work,” Eric replied. In a louder voice, he sternly demanded, “Chandi Barrett, wake up now. We have things to discuss; among which is the kind of language you think you can get away with using towards me!”Chandi sat up with a jolt. Wide awake, he suddenly realized what he had said and to whom. He didn’t know who was more surprised, himself or his partner. He rarely ever swore unless extremely out of sorts and decidedly out of control.

“Huh? I-I’m sorry, Eric. I was asleep,” he explained, hoping it would get him out of some of the hot water he was in. His having nodded off at the kitchen table when he should have been in bed probably didn’t bode well for his immediate future.

“I saw that.” Eric’s expression was grim. “Are you awake enough now to talk to me like I’m your partner, rather than someone you don’t care about?”

“Yes,” Chandi answered, feeling the heat of shame creeping over his face.

“Just what are you doing downstairs so early? I’m pretty sure I was clear yesterday when I said no extra studying. Just what time did you get up?”

Chandi figured what he had been doing was obvious, so he chose to ignore that particular question. “Hmm, I’ve been up for a couple of hours.”

“You didn’t answer my question. What time did you get up, young man? And was I or was I not clear about no extra studying?”

“I got up just after two o’clock; and yes, you were clear. But being as I fell asleep, I didn’t get too much extra studying done anyway. Besides, it’s not taking time away from us as a couple if I do it while you’re sleeping. I mean, it’s not like you’re going to miss me or something.” Chandi was losing patience and his attitude was going down hill fast.

Eric shook his head. He could hardly believe what he’d just heard. True, his Brat was clearly tired, but it did not excuse him adding a smart mouth to his list of transgressions.

“Hold it right there, Chandi! Number one: I will not take that kind of attitude from you, no matter how tired you are. Number two: you defied me. You knew what I’d said and chose to do otherwise. You need your sleep as much as you need to study. Number three: one of the reasons I woke up so early is I did miss you. There’s no way I don’t miss you when you aren’t beside me.”

“I think you need to think about this for a few minutes; then we can talk again when you’re more yourself.” Eric gently pulled Chandi to his feet and steered him to a corner in the kitchen. “When you are ready to talk about what needs to be done, let me know. I’ll be right here.”

Chandi felt like kicking the wall. Fortunately, a modicum of self-preservation chose that moment to kick in, enabling him to exercise some control. He yawned and wiped at the gritty feeling in his eyes. His mind was like mush and he had to work hard at remembering what Eric had just said.

‘I think it was something about being ready to talk,’ was the only thing Chandi could come up with. “Okay, Eric, I’m sorry and I’ll make more of an effort to talk properly; promise.”

“Thank you, I appreciate that. We can accomplish more if we are polite to one another. However, what about your defying me and studying whenever you want? And about me not missing you?” Eric prompted.

“I’m sorry for all that, Eric. I know I shouldn’t have disobeyed when you only have my best interests at heart. And I know you miss me when we’re apart, just like I miss you. I am really sorry for being in such a shitty mood and taking it out on you.” Chandi was talking from the corner his Top had placed him in and wishing Eric would call him over. He could really use a cuddle, even if he didn’t deserve one.

“Thank you, love,” Eric said from right behind Chandi. He’d walked up behind him, unheard while he was finishing his apology. Eric put his arms around his Brat, turned and hugged him tightly. “Apology accepted. You know these rules are in place to keep you safe.” Feeling Chandi’s head nod against his chest, Eric was content that he’d gotten through to his partner. Only one more thing had to be taken care of.

Taking Chandi by the hand, he led him back to the kitchen chair. Sitting down, he lowered his Brat’s pyjama bottoms and guided him over his lap. Knowing they’d talked everything out, he spanked until the bare bottom in front of him had turned a dusky red and Chandi was softly crying.

He then cradled Chandi in his arms in such a manner that his sore backside wouldn’t come in contact with anything. “All forgiven,” Eric cooed softly as he cuddled his Brat. “Everything is all right now. I love you and always will.” He continued repeating the mantra until the sobs began to subside.

Chandi had expected the spanking. He actually needed it on several levels. He had stiffened as the first swat landed and grabbed onto Eric’s ankle. He often tried to tally up the number of spanks it took before he started sobbing. Why, he didn’t know as he usually lost count after the first dozen. Several long moments later, he found himself being held in his lover’s strong arms and getting the cuddling he had wanted earlier.

He wrapped his arms tightly around Eric’s neck and whispered through tearful hitches. “I-I love you too, Eric. I will forever.”

“And I’ll always love you too, babe,” Eric repeated; the sincerity in his voice obvious. “Do you think you can get a few hours sleep now, if we go to bed together?” he asked. “Then I can make my famous brunch and after we’ve cleaned up the place, we’ll head back to New Westminster. You can study a bit before dinner and then again later if you want.”

With a sigh, Chandi unwound his arms from around Eric’s neck and got off the warm accommodating lap. He closely trailed his lover upstairs and climbed into bed. He was asleep when his head hit the pillow.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

The ensuing week went much smoother than the one preceding it, starting with their trip back to the campus and Eric once again staying until Tuesday morning.

On Monday evening, Eric and Chandi worked out a schedule for the younger man to follow; one that not only set aside specific study and relaxation times but guidelines for when to eat, including meal suggestions. And then there were rewards for sticking to it.

Late each evening, when Eric called to check on his Brat, they would discuss the day and if all the directives had been adhered to, Eric treated his young lover to some mind-blowing phone sex.

Their second weekend at home was spent practically glued together. They rarely left each other’s sight and Chandi was able to unwind and recharge for the last week of the course, secure in the loving care of his Top.

Finally it was over; Chandi was presented with his well-earned certificate. He and several class-mates went out to celebrate and it was more than deserved after all their hard work. Chandi was still feeling a good buzz when he stepped off the bus for the last time and ran towards his waiting partner.

Eric pulled Chandi into his arms. “I’m so glad you’re home. I’m not sure I’d keep my sanity if we had to do another week of you being gone,” he greeted with a wide smile. “I want a look at your famous certificate once we get home. Then we’re going out. I’m treating you to a nice steak dinner at the Maple Grille. How does that suit you?”Getting a big grin and an enthusiastic nod in response, Eric took a breath and continued. “I have another surprise, my love. I packed an overnight bag for the two of us, because after dinner we’re going to the Trillium Inn and spending the next two nights there. I booked a room in honor of you completing your course and of your upcoming promotion. We can spend the days either wandering around town doing whatever we want or staying at the Inn and being pampered. Do you like my plans?” Eric asked, hoping Chandi would like the idea of spending time at the Inn for a change of pace. “You bet I do!” Chandi exclaimed, throwing his arms around Eric’s neck and kissing his cheek. “What are we waiting for?” He picked up a couple of suitcases, leaving his backpack and duffle bag for the older man to carry, and walked to the rear of the truck and tossed the bags into the back. He stood aside to watch Eric do the same with the remaining luggage and slam the door.

The ride home passed quickly as they caught up on what had happened over the past few days. Eric told Chandi the story of a customer who wanted a dining table and chairs re-finished and re-stained in under a week, despite Eric pointing out that the table alone would take that long. They pulled up next to the house just as Eric added, “I’m glad hedecided to try and go elsewhere with his business, because I want to spend the next few days relaxing and havingyou all to myself. I have a feeling that once it’s announced that you are the new Chief of Police and you take up your duties, you will be very much in demand.”
As they walked into the house, Eric exclaimed, “Welcome home, lover. I’m so proud of you!” Then he pulled him into another hug and kissed him hungrily.“Thanks, big guy. Too bad your potential client chose to settle for second best; it would have paid him to exercise a little patience.” Chandi did not believe for a moment that anyone could do as fine a job of refinishing antiques as Eric could. “And, you may have a point there about things getting busier in the near future. But before we get on with our weekend, I need a quick shower. Care to join me?” Chandi asked.

A seductive grin was all it took for Eric to accept the invitation. The shower was no way near being quick, nor was it in any way leisurely as the two men started to make up for lost time with some hot and very satisfying sex.

After dressing, they enjoyed a quiet dinner at their favourite restaurant and arrived at the Inn with plenty of time to indulge in more of their favourite one-on-one activity. A greater part of the next day was spent restfully strolling through town and stopping to visit with many friends and acquaintances, while Saturday evening found Eric and Chandi dancing at a gay club in Kelowna. Chandi love to dance; Eric loved to watch his partner moving on the floor to the faster music and to hold him in his arms during the slower, more romantic waltzes.

They returned home late Sunday afternoon and prepared a meal together, knowing their weekend was coming to an end and tomorrow things would be getting back to same-old-same-old. Well maybe not quite, as Chandi would be having his final interview with the town council and handing in the results of his course. The young man was somewhat surprised to find he was not the least bit nervous about the upcoming meeting that would decide whether or not he met the pre-requisites for being the new Chief of Police for Jade Heights.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

The next two weeks passed in a flurry of activities as Chandi prepared to step into his new position. The night Eric had been looking forward to for so long finally arrived and the multi-purpose banquet was underway. There was a feeling of excitement in the air as people tried to determine who exactly was going to be replacing the out-going Chief of Police. Some were adamant that it would be Chandi, while others thought Chandi was too young. However, all would find out soon enough and the speculation would end.

The meal prepared by the Ladies’ Auxiliary of the Lion’s Club was more than worth the cost of eight dollars a head. While everyone was eating their fill, a mini-roast was held as the Mayor was first congratulated and thanked on his quarter century of serving the community. Next, the Mayor stood up to voice words of gratitude and farewell to the man who had served so faithfully as their Police Chief for the past fifteen years. Several others got up to speak and add their support of all the Mayor had said, but it soon became apparent that people were becoming impatient for the new Chief of Police to be announced.

Eric kept smiling to himself as the evening progressed. He was so proud of Chandi achieving the goal he’d worked so hard for. He thought of how excited his Brat had been when he knew he was being consideration for the position and then the sheer happiness Chandi had expressed when he found out he’d been selected.

Turning his head slightly, Eric smiled at Chandi as the Mayor got to his feet once again and they waited anxiously for his announcement.

“Ladies and gentlemen, I’m sure all of you want to know who will be our new Chief of Police. So without further ado, I’m pleased to announce that Chandi Barrett has accepted our offer to fill that vacancy.”

The room rang with applause and Eric whispered softly to Chandi. “See, I told you everyone would be delighted that you’re the new Chief.” He had no sooner spoken, than he heard the Mayor clearing his throat in preparation for continuing.

“Ladies and gentlemen, although the swearing-in ceremony will be held later in a private venue, right now I’d like present you with our new Chief of Police so we can all celebrate together.”

The End

No comments:

Post a Comment